AVG Technologies Receives Yet Another Virus Bulletin 100 Certification
Further on a previous post of mine regarding AVG antivirus software, I am proud to publish this article which I noticed - just to proof my point!
AVG Internet Security Network Edition Obtains VB100 Certification
AVG Technologies, a leading developer of Internet security software, announced today that AVG Internet Security Network Edition received VB100 certification from UK based Virus Bulletin.
AVG Internet Security Network Edition (version 8.5) was tested. “AVG proved very stable and reliable, and achieved excellent detection rates across the board.
A superb performance which comfortably earned a VB100 award,” stated Virus Bulletin Test Team Director John Hawes. Certification testing for products running on the 64-bit version of Windows Server 2003 took place during April and May.
AVG Internet Security was one of only four products to achieve a Retroactive Protection percentage exceeding 80%.
VB100 Test Procedures
The VB100 (virus) award is granted to any product that passes the test criteria under test conditions in the VB lab as part of the formal VB comparative review process. Basic requirements are that the product delivers in its default settings:
* 100% detection of malware listed as 'In the Wild' by the WildList Organization at the time of the review
* No false positives when scanning Virus Bulletin’s collection of known-clean files
“We are pleased to receive the latest VB100 certification from Virus Bulletin,” stated Karel Obluk, Chief Technology Officer for AVG Technologies. “Valid testing and certification by qualified organizations benefits both vendors and customers.
It holds us to a higher performance standard in developing solutions. It gives customers knowledgeable 3rd party validation of the products they are evaluating for use on specific platforms.”
Other recent comparative tests in the last year where AVG Technologies obtained VB100 certification were for Windows Server 2008, Windows Vista x64, and Windows XP Professional platforms.
AVG has received VB100 certifications in every test it has entered over the past year.
AVG Anti-Virus Network Edition provides antivirus, antispyware, and anti-rootkit protection for workstations and file servers.
The combination of LinkScanner®, its real-time scanner, comprehensive web shield, and high-speed automatic updates ensures that customers are protected around the clock. Centralized installation and configuration delivers easy implementation.
Amsterdam, June 17th, 2009
- Browsers' ability to block malware downloads analyzed and compared - Infosecurity Magazine
- Internet Explorer 10 beats Chrome and Firefox at blocking malware downloads - InfoWorld
- Consumers still ignoring malware protection - Infosecurity Magazine
- German banks buy into malware protection from Cambridge University spin-out - Science Business
- Testing firm: Internet Explorer tops browsers for malware protection - PCWorld (blog)